cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userk5Qiddpc08
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

After months of attempting to just deal with it, I feel obligated to share my battery issues since the Nougat update as well. I do not feel that my battery is draining any faster, but I have not seen this device enter fast/ quick charge mode since the update. I've used various chargers (Samsung's original and third party) that used to quick charge, but all are unsuccessful now. In fact, I just charged it for 12 hours and the battery went from 30% to 80%. 

There have been times when the device cannot charge faster than it discharges. To correct this, I allow the battery to drain to 0, then do a full recharge with the device powered off (which still takes a full day.)

Again, this started with the Nougat update. 

Why isn't Samsung listening to the slew of complaints to provide a fix for their once excellent products?

userI0FzJvGH8n
Astronaut

Hi there,

My samsung tab s2 is only about 3 months old. Battery life on it is horible, have to shut it down if i want to save my battery. Wont last more than 1 day. I use the orginal charger and cable provided in the box.

Is there known battery issues with this device? 

Ive bought the device at the local store am i able to return? 

Gareth

were you transferreed to 3 different  levels of support within the same chat session?

@userIpHMV3eGHCwrote:

Thank You userYCJVyAmDlE.  I tried disabling the Do not auto-update apps in Playstore but that did not help my tablet.

Then tried a chat session with Support.  Transferred through three levels and each started with claim that there are no reported battery issues and that I need to send my tablet in for evaluation (SM-T813, Galaxy Tab S2).

However, when I challenged this claim of no problems the first two "levels" transferred me what they claim to be up a level in support and the third level initially denied any problems but when challenged I received the following reply:

"The future software updates may isolate this issue.

Once the update is available, you will receive automatic pop message on your tablet.

We don't have the exact ETA about future updates.

However, Samsung will release the updates in batches."

For clarification I then asked them to confirm that this is a problem with the updates and received:

"No, as of now there are reported issues with updates.

As you are saying, it is an issue with software the future updates may rectify this issue."

Since battery life is related to the number of charge-discharge cycles I hope that others will join me with flooding Samsung support to try to get an update out immediately.  The rapid discharge will lead to premature battery failure.

mito
userIpHMV3eGHC
Constellation

mitoooooo - yes, in the same chat I was transferred to what was reported to be three increasing levels of support.

@userIpHMV3eGHCwrote:
mitoooooo - yes, in the same chat I was transferred to what was reported to be three increasing levels of support.

all from the same country/region?

mito
Lovemytablet
Constellation

YES!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried the reset mentioned previously?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Lovemytablet
Constellation

I assume we all still need assistance since a solution still has not been found.

@Lovemytablet wrote:

I assume we all still need assistance since a solution still has not been found.

The absence of a solution turns your assumption into a presumption.

Smiley Happy

mito