cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Tab S3 Keyboard case not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought an external keyboard for my Galaxy S3 tablet October last year. Was working fine up to a few days ago been able to type but now it's just dead. The tablet picks up the keyboard at times but won't type when I press the keys and the tablet acts as if its connected to the keyboard going in to sleep mode etc when disconnected. After trying to reset the tablet a while ago when I go into internet the letters F & H just start typing away in the address bar but can't be stopped and no letters work on the keyboard 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Tab S3 Keyboard case not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am facing a similar issue and I have verified that it is not the keyboard cover. My wife has an identical setup and I swapped covers. My cover works with her tablet however my tablet does not work with her cover. Note that when I engage the tablet with the pins on the cover it wakes up, appearing to respond to the connection but the message "Physical Keyboard Detected" or similar message does not appear. Any suggestions on next steps will be appreciated.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on the tablet? Have you tried holding Power+Volume Down to reboot? Is the software up to date?