cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratmyr
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab S4 Not Updating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently, I purchased the Galaxy Tab S4 and I noticed there have been no security updates since December 2018. I have tried to execute a manual update, but after minutes of waiting with the "Registering Device" screen, I get a "Registration Failed" message with no updates. The system has had a factory reset applied and I have attempted to safe mode boot it to see if I can get it to recover. Nothing has been successful. The system has firmware T830XXU2ARK4 and serial number <Hidden>. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab S4 Not Updating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like the latest version available for the Tab S4 is t830xxu2bsd1 so it's definitely in need of updating. Have you tried using Samsung Smart Switch to push the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a carrier for your tablet or is it a wi-fi only model? In looking, it seems like there are a couple of different versions depending on whether your version is dependent upon wi-fi or data connections. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

ratmyr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is the 256gb Wifi model. It was purchased brand new, and as stated above, when I identified that it was not updating, I executed a factory reset of the system based on support articles I had found. This did not resolve the issue and why I came here. Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like the latest version available for the Tab S4 is t830xxu2bsd1 so it's definitely in need of updating. Have you tried using Samsung Smart Switch to push the update?

ratmyr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your quick responses. I did not know Smart Switch via the PC was an option. I installed the software and everything worked out great. It still will not register the device, as described above,  but I know what needs to be done for future updates. Thank you again. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome.