cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KureBum
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab S4 issues with Dex

Love my new tab, but on the day I received it, I updated from Android 8 to Android 9. Immediately, the S-Pen lost most of its functions. The options within settings were greyed out, meaning not available. There were other features within settings also greyed out, including all the reset functions. In tablet mode, everything works fine, Dex mode is the only problem. Anyone else notice this issue?

Samsung had me send my new tablet to a repair facility, which did not fix the problem, but they claim to have replaced a part inside the tablet and pronounced it okay.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab S4 issues with Dex

Have you attempted to factory reset the device?

KureBum
Asteroid

I've factory reset it once, then the repair facility did...

I've factory reset it once, then the repair facility did it a second time. This had no effect on the problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I've factory reset it once, then the repair facility did...

Can I have the ticket number that was associated with your repair?

KureBum
Asteroid

Repair ticket: 4150660104

Repair ticket: 4150660104

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Repair ticket: 4150660104

We would be happy to have the technicians take a look at the device again. To get that set up, please send us a private message to the link below. 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Tab S4 issues with Dex

A quick check in DeX mode shows the following functions greyed out....must be a "feature" and I never checked them in DeX running Oreo so I have no idea if this is a Pie change.

Screen Off memo

Pointer

Shortcuts

Floating icons

and Reset functions

KureBum
Asteroid

Bill-e, I assumed it would be a common problem since it o...

Bill-e, I assumed it would be a common problem since it occurred immediately after the update to Android 9. This is something apparently that Samsung needs to fix for all of us tab S4 users.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bill-e, I assumed it would be a common problem since it o...

@KureBum wrote:

Bill-e, I assumed it would be a common problem since it occurred immediately after the update to Android 9. This is something apparently that Samsung needs to fix for all of us tab S4 users.

That is assuming that these changes wern't deliberate to fix a DeX issue discovered on Oreo...who knows Smiley Wink

KureBum
Asteroid

Any other tab S4 owners out there with this problem? Does...

Any other tab S4 owners out there with this problem? Does your S pen still have all features working after upgrading to Android 9?