Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Battery Life

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 7:27 AM)
Ohadi_Langis
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am disappointed by the relatively short battery life of the Samsung Tab S6-Lite  model # SM-P610.  It runs out of gas in 4-5 hours of continuous use, and that is without streaming video. "
   In checking around the Internet, I see messages that the so-called "assistant" called 'Bixby" is one of the culprits. However, it appears to be impossible to uninstall or disable it.  Is that program that essential to the use of this tablet.
  Also, the device is a lot heavier than I expected (ordered by mail so did not have a chance to hold one in a store due to COVID) and I have to prop it up on a small stand to use it.  

A time traveler from the age of steam
0 Likes
4 Replies
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Do you see an option to delete an app whenever you gently rest your finger on this app for a couple seconds as the app begins to tremble?

Why did you not choose to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 2 ?
0 Likes
Ohadi_Langis
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The option for uninstalling the Bixby APP is greyed out and not available. 

I did not choose the Galaxy Z Fold 2 as I wanted a 10 inch tablet to replace an ASUS unit of that size that was about five years old that had a battery that stopped recharging. 

Samsung's good intentions with Bixby as an assistant is undone by its clunky performance, it being loaded in memory against my choice and that it cannot be uninstalled nor disabled.

Despite its heavier than expected weight, I like the device and especially appreciate the screen resolution.  Performance of other APPs is good, along with the use of the stylus that came with the device, make it a useful addition to our home.

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Have you ever heard the saying, if you can't catch Harry then catch his shirt? Well then go into settings and locate, Advanced features, then select Bixby Routines. Next turn off or disable as many of those intrusive Bixby features as possible. As if you are on a war path, next go back into the Settings to locate Apps, then under your apps, select in Bixby Routines, the turn off, deselect or remove as default any more provoking interuptions. I don't want you to get too carried away yet by inviting you to rummage and dismantle Bixby voice and Bixby vision, but if you are still not happy we may have to venture. I will point out to you this feature at the bottom of the Bixby Routines page stating, "Force stop " and "Disable "
0 Likes
Ohadi_Langis
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the demolition roadmap for Bixby. Note that on my tablet unit the "disable" option is greyed out for Bixbvy Routines, Voice, & Vision. What you can do is to block notifications for all Bixby APPs and disable their icon badges on the home screen or other screens.

I'm going to assume there must be some underlying permission that makes the disable button active. Turns out a bit of Google searching turns up a solution but not as I expected.

* Tap and long hold on the Home screen to edit the Home screen settings. (Look for the Home icon and swipe right from there.)

* Swipe to the right and you will be able to enable or disable Bixby Home. It is a button toggle in the upper right corner called "Daily" or something like that.

* Toggle the switch located near the top right of the tab to enable/disable.

This method worked for me.

Note to Samsung: Respectfully submitted - Google is swimming with posts about people wanting to turn off Bixby on phones, tablets, and laptops. A lot of people really dislike it enough to post these messages. This product is not helping your brand. Best wishes for developing and deploying a really useful app.

0 Likes