JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite will not reboot after update?

(Topic created: 10-21-2020 07:04 PM)
userLruJ6UjK2c
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is stuck in a boot loop.  
Only option it offers to reboot is to erase user Data, which I'm not willing to do since it contains Documents and Notes during meetings at work

0 Likes
3 Replies
NotRupaul
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
sounds like a corrupt update. at this point if data isn't backed up, it's probably already gone.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001534/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
reyangelo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem in which I just bought the Tablet S6 Lite in late August 2020 ; first use was in September to open, start, and update mainly - set up accounts. The tablet was mainly sitting idle until October 1 when we started using it more but still not as much since we have other tablets. It was still going to be used for virtual schooling follow ups and studying primarily. On October 20, 2020 after just sitting idle - on its own just restarted going into a looping condition. When I came over to pick it up it would go from dark/blank screen, then the Samsung/Android start up logo, and back dark.

Yes, I tried the Power/Up Volume, the Power/Down Volume, and the Power alone - nothing for a LONG time (about 40+ times attempting). I did eventually get to the maintenance window to select "reboot" - it was worthless - just went back to looping condition. I went over again with the Power/Down Volume for another 40+ times before I got the maintenance window again. I selected "wipe / factory reset" - it performed the step, appeared to reboot, and back to looping again. After speaking to a Samsung technician via Samsung Chat (10/20) since this was ~$350 the person informed there is no official known error for what I explained. I provided the technician Samsung forums from UK and US reporting this yet no official report of a known condition. At the moment of writing this the tablet is on it's way via Postal Mail to Samsung Repair Center in NJ. Again, wish someone would acknowledge there is a problem not having local Samsung Repair Centers around the country as their devices are all over. I am hoping this gets solved and addressed appropriately but this is unfair to those without recent purchases or extended warranties. Plus I could imagine all those people trying like myself countless times and to indicate this is not an "official error". There is a caveat as some folks have had success with the "wipe / factory reset" but those which it hasn't will definitely either have a solution via warranty or will need to pay for a repair (which is unfair).

0 Likes