cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

I just tried to use the Screen Recorder for the first time.  I recorded about a 4 minute video of doing something on the tablet.  When I went look at the video, I found that it was the right length, but all it contained was the first frame of the recording, over the full audio.  The 4 minute video was only ~7MB.

I thought maybe I'd missed a permission, so I went to check.  Assuming that Screen Recorder from the top menu is the Samsung Capture app, it has Camera, Microphone, and Storage allowed, and nothing denied.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thank you in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Galaxy

Re: Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

I'd check to see if it wasa post that was intended to be shaved and not patented, copyrighted, or blocked. It may have been looked from the Other side.
Asteroid

Don't think that's it.  One of the tests I did was nothing but scrolling around the home screen, and opening the (Android) Clock app.  Same result, audio records with only one frame of video.

Galaxy

Re: Re: Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

turn your phone off for a few minutes to let everything reboot. try again when it's back up and running. see if that gives any improvements.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

Just tried that; no change

Galaxy

Re: Re: Re: Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

have you tried to see if you can disable the feature and re-enable it? that works for apps that you have to remove to reinstall. maybe it's the same concept.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Galaxy Tab S6 - Screen Recorder

I don't see any way to do that.  It's a part of the system, not a separate app.

Astronaut

love tablts
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you provide the full model of the tablet?   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Model number is SM-T860