Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 is blue screen locked for the second time in a year !!!

(Topic created: 08-01-2022 11:54 PM)
Baraa
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi Community,

This is the Second time within a year that my "Samsung Galaxy Tab S6" suddenly shows a blue screen with "Security error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call you mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost"

The first time this happed I sent the tablet to "Samsung technical support service" and they changed the whole screen as they said there was a chip that is connected to the screen which is damaged (I didn't believe that though), anyway they fixed it without any cost as it was under the warranty of 2 years. I wanted to know what caused the problem in order to avoid it later, so I asked them what is the reason for this problem and they had no answer they just didn't know...

But now the warranty is ended 1 month ago and the same problem occurs again. 

I will go again to the same technical support service but I'm afraid they will charge me to fix it. 
I never did suspicious thing recently neither downloaded a new app, I only use the tablet for browsing secured pages, watching YouTube, and reading books.

I'm really disappointed and I think the problem is caused by Samsung update or something, or the tablet manufacturing it self.

What should I do ?? 
What is causing this problem ?
Please help

0 Likes
7 Replies
HiddenKnight
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Does the screen pop up when you are browsing the internet? Could be a malicious pop up. Are you able to post a screenshot by chance?
0 Likes
Baraa
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

No popup, I know them and chrome is blocking them, and if i see one i wouldn't press it.

The Error Screenshot :
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-01 at 8.37.03 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
HiddenKnight
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Have you attempted a factory data reset yet like another user has suggested?
0 Likes
Baraa
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
I would try a Factory reset. This is assuming that the screen really doesn't need to be replaced. Press and Hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until the tablet reboots and until you see any logo appear on the screen then let go. If you're lucky the recovery menu will appear. Use the Vol up/dn keys to select Factory Reset and use the power key to start that.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Baraa
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi, 
I followed your method of Pressing the volume up + power key, then "SS RDX" Screen appeared (Screenshot included).

What should I do now, and what does it mean ?20220809_113418.jpg

0 Likes
Baraa
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,
I went to Samsung Technical service, I showed them the problem.
They took the device to the technical person and then they came back.
They said he did format and reinstalled the software but the device still doesn't work.
They said the motherboard could be damage and it cost 2800TL to replace it.

The device now is stuck at the Samsung logo and keeps restarting till the battery is empty.
Video link of the repeated Samsung Logo 
but then suddenly it showed a blue screen with a different error. (Showed in the photo)

I didn't agree on the repairing as it is so expensive (more than half the price of the device when I bought it )

I asked what could cause such a problem, and they didn't give a clear answer.
They said it could be an electronical malfunction or a bad software with virus.
However, I didn't install any new software in the past two months.

What can I do now ?20220809_194755.jpg

0 Likes