cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy Tab S6 using onscreen keyboard while the physical keyboard is connected

I am new to the Samsung family, and thus far very happy i made the change from Apple.

One issue I have however, is with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 keyboard.

I bought the Tab S6 and the Samsung Keyboard cover together, which i love most of the time.

The keyboard cover gives good protection to the screen and so I very rarely want to remove it, but more flip it back under the Tab S6 when I am walking through a site and need to use it as a tablet.

My major problem is that when the keyboard is connected the onscreen keyboard does not pop up, which I thought would occur when the physical keyboard is flipped back out of the way.

My old Surface was the same, but you could take that off and turn it under and it would magnet back onto the device.

Its a real hassle carrying the keyboard under my arm... i am assuming that there are more suffering from this?

Any advice or workarounds will be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S6 using onscreen keyboard while the physical keyboard is connected

If you open settings and navigate General > Language and Input > Physical Keyboard, you'll see a setting you can toggle to display the on-screen keyboard while the physical keyboard is attached. However, it won't disable the physical keyboard. Screenshot_20200206-005735_Settings.jpg