Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S7 5G from ATT messaging App

(Topic created: 07-03-2022 05:57 AM)
userTH5AhQvqO6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Does anyone know if Samsung has a Text message app for the Galaxy Tab 5G? I have the ATT version and the text messaging app is horrible.  The phone app it's great and works as expected but the text messaging app takes this Tablet back to similar technology at the beginning of year 2000. Why the Galaxy watch 4 works great when it comes to numbersync receiving text messages and making and receiving phone calls with Samsung messaging app. And the phone doesn't require to be on. But a $700+ tablet can't do that? I tried other apps like Google messaging but it requires the phone to be on in order to work. And one of the reasons people pay to have a device connected to a phone plan is to expect to work. If my phone battery dies my galaxy watch 4 works as my phone. If my phone and watch batteries are dead my Table is just a paper weight with a phone plan that requires the phone to be on in order to work. Why Samsung can come up with the same technology it has on the galaxy watch 4 to be available on a tablet? Does anyone have the answer?
0 Likes
4 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

First let me say that AT&T is the culprit here.  Both AT&T and Verizon disable the use of anything but their own app.  In the case of Verizon that's OK because Message+ is pretty good and the phone does not need to be on for it to work.

As far as another solution, sorry, I don't have one.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
userTH5AhQvqO6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Is there a way to install the Samsung app if the table is unlocked?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Not an expert here but I believe that if the tablet was a locked AT&T device and is then unlocked by them, it still has the AT&T firmware load  and won't let you install the Samsung app.

If it is an unlocked device from Samsung then yes, you should be able to install the Samsung app.

You may need to flash an unlocked version of the firmware to get this to work as you desire.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userTH5AhQvqO6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Okay
0 Likes