cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Tab S7+ Green Tint Issue

txFLCw3

I start to get green tint at around 50% brightness and it definitely makes it unusable for pleasant media consumption. "Don't use dark mode" isn't a valid solution because it's common to come across this grey hue while using the tablet regardless of which mode you are in. And what point is a feature like dark mode if I can't use it?

Is Samsung ever going to address this issue? Seems like an unsettling number of customers are getting this problem and receiving a "normal" tablet is more of a lottery at this point, and nobody knows if this can be fixed by a software update. 

If this is a characteristic of an OLED screen, why are there users reporting no problems like this? Shouldn't Samsung put higher standard in quality control such that these defects are not rolling out to the public?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy Tab S7+ Green Tint Issue

This does not suprise me! Sadly Samsung seems to be in such a rush in R&D there is little beta testing or they even worse might know they are shipping a flawed item! "we will just send a fix later" instead it never gets fixed due to being pushed on the next model! Yet they ask more and more money each year. If they add a feature I almost garantee they have removed another sometimes popular feature instead of just adding too it! On their cell phones I remember this was a problem on a Note it was not fixed but bandaided at best. I had hopped they learned from it I guess not!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
Highlighted

You can exchange it or wait for the software update fix, I would personally exchange it.
Highlighted
Astronaut

"ever going to fix this" ... ? the tablet has been out like 2 days. I got mine yesterday and it does not exhibit this. I would recommend you pursue a return.
Highlighted
Constellation

These problems were prevalent way more than two days. There are reports of green tint from various tech news sources, blogs, and notable korean reviewers from 2+ weeks before. This is enough of a time to be aware of this issue and address this. Yeah the fix could take a while depending if it's a hardware or software issue... But what's the point of keeping it if the hardware is at fault? It's hard to decide since we don't know where the problem lies. It's the lack of communication from Samsung that's irking me. And yeah I'm definitely returning this. Can't spend $900 on a potentially faulty device. And I'm happy that your device is free of the problem. I know there's a non-faulty product out there somewhere.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mine's fine. Exchange it.