Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S7 - Yellow LCD Tint, No Option to Change Warm/Cool Color Tone

(Topic created: 03-09-2021 04:31 PM)
userKqKtFQAOkb
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I recently purchased a Tab S7 (11") as an upgrade from my excellent but aging Tab S5e. The LCD display has a very obvious yellow tint to it, almost like having night mode on, which is a shame because everything else about the S7 is a huge upgrade. This issue could easily be fixed with the Warm/Cool display color slider that is available on almost all other Samsung devices but it is for some reason missing on the regular S7 (even though it is available on the Tab S7+). I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue or has found a way to fix it.

I checked to make sure the blue light filter/"eye comfort shield" was not activated, and restarted the tablet a few times but the yellow tint remains. The device is fully updated with One UI 3.1 (March 2021). I really hope Samsung introduces the Warm/Cool setting in a future update but given that I just got the S7 yesterday I am still considering returning it because the yellow display really is distracting and uncomfortable to use.

9 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I recommend reaching out to your retailer regarding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
farhan032
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue on my brand new Tab S7 purchased from Samsung.com. 

How do we fix this as this would have been such an easy fix if we had the cOlor calibration Setting like the one in devices with AMOLED displays

userBLmj9W0Z05
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I don't think we can fix, it's a hardware issue I suppose. I tried calibrate the screen and still the same SH*T

0 Likes
userdE7FIYzBLB
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same issue no colour adjustment settings , can't fix yellow tint on tab s7

userBLmj9W0Z05
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem, I try to install a calibration app but nothing really fix the problem. Very upset costumer. 😡

My old tablet a6(2016) have better colours than this flagship. What a headache. Now I wonder if the plus have similar problem.!!!! 

0 Likes
farhan032
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I installed an an app called "Screen Balance" from the play store and it has helped me remove the yellow tint by adjusting the display temperature..try it out
userBLmj9W0Z05
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I installed the color calibrator and help a little cold down the colors to blue. Shame samsung.  I am so unhappy. 

farhan032
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Yes true.. why can't Samsung add a system calibration option like they do for their AMOLED panel eqquiped devices..and why do we have to rely on third party apps
userIKxbYRxEln
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Ugh, this yellow tinge is horrible. My S6 was amazing, what have they done!? 

0 Likes