Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S7+ phantom taps during scrolling!

(Topic created: 07-04-2021 08:00 AM)
usery6oG2H8bHY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I bought a Galaxy Tab S7+ in September 2020, and at first I was very happy with it. But after I updated to One UI 3, I started having a problem where several times a day, in the middle of scrolling, the tablet would start registering rapid-fire taps wherever my finger was being held, until I lifted it away.

I reported this problem to Samsung support, and they told me to reformat my device, which I did; it did not solve the problem. They told me to send it away for repairs, which I did; the repairs did not solve the problem. I sent it away for repairs two more times and it still did not fix it. They eventually gave me a refund, so I went out and bought a totally new Galaxy Tab S7+, and now this COMPLETELY NEW tablet still has THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

At this point I feel safe concluding that this must be some sort of software problem in the OS? (The only other explanation is that I managed to buy two separate brand new S7+es that both have a hardware defect that Samsung's official repair teams couldn't identify...)

I'm exhausted by this problem; I'm willing to put up with a lot of annoyances from a product, but a computer thinking that I'm tapping on buttons that I'm NOT tapping on isn't something I can just ignore -- I use this tablet for work, I can't have it sending incorrect files to clients because I was scrolling a list of files and it decided that what I was really doing was clicking dozens of times. But the Tab S7+ has otherwise been an ideal tablet, and I would REALLY like to continue using it if I'm able (i.e. if this crucial problem could just be fixed!)

Who can I contact about this to get an actual answer or diagnostics about this, rather than just being sent through another round of "please reformat it again, please fedex it to our repair place again"? I'm a professional programmer, I'm more than willing and able to do actual work to test solutions to this bug. But my experience with my first S7+ was having all the support people not understand the problem and being shuffled through generic responses until I was suddenly refunded, rather than actual problem solving.

In case it helps at all, here is video proof of this problem happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuyUXJmxyo

The first few swipes are normal, but keep watching:0:09 it starts stuttering in its scrolling0:12 it starts clicking even though my finger has NOT lifted fro...
1 Reply
usery6oG2H8bHY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

If it helps at all, I've noticed that this problem ONLY happens when touching the screen with my finger -- I've never seen it happen while I'm using the S Pen. Does this narrow down a possible cause at all?

0 Likes