Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 Keyboard Cover Feature Request

(Topic created: 05-06-2022 11:50 AM)
Members_QL4USYC
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung, you should add Fn lock functionality to the Galaxy Tab S8 slim keyboard cover. It seems older models allowed for this by holding down Fn for 5 seconds, but it is missing on this model. That is all...

5 Replies
tom2055
Sun
Options
Tablets
on my tab s7 (i think they use the same keybored as Tab S8) pressing Cmd+L will lock it
0 Likes
Members_QL4USYC
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It is the same, but you are thinking of a screen lock.... Fn lock means you do not need to hold down the Fn key to use F1, F2, F3, etc.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
I downloaded the manual and I noticed the Fn key is in a different location than my Ultra keyboard and I assume that the Fn key on yours doesn't have the LED that mine has. That may make it difficult for a backfit but yea, I agree, it's a good and needed faature going forward. Not only for the F keys but I assume that it also has Pg up/dn etc which need it.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tab 8 Ultra bookcover keyboard locks when you hold it down for 5 secs.
20220506_163339_12942_1651869226.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Lanos
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Definitely want this feature too. Its not a big deal but its because its not a big deal and instead a minor annoyance that having to press the FN key to activate the keyboard sucks.

I would rather have to hold down the FN key to activate the F keyas and allow the FN lock to keep my immediate functions on the tablet keyboard since they're used more often.

0 Likes