JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra microSD compatibility

(Topic created: 04-30-2022 04:46 AM)
userNvNAzNmt9P
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi bought the Tab S8 Ultra w/512GB storage but would like to add a microSD card, however I would like to be sure that the card and format is supported.  Can someone recommend a brand (preferably SanDisk, not Samsung) and version and, important, max capacity if I already have 512 GB internal storage? 

Also I read in the forums here that even on Amazon there can be counterfeit versions of the SanDisk cards.  How does one know before buying that what you're getting is genuine SanDisk?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
The max SD size tested is 1TB. Buy a card sold and shipped by Amazon.com. If the price is too good to be true it's probably fake. If you have a Windows pc then download H2testW and check every card you buy. If I was buying one for my Ultra I would get the SanDisk Extreme 512gb A2 card. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07P7M6K35/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=3I...
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets
The max SD size tested is 1TB. Buy a card sold and shipped by Amazon.com. If the price is too good to be true it's probably fake. If you have a Windows pc then download H2testW and check every card you buy. If I was buying one for my Ultra I would get the SanDisk Extreme 512gb A2 card. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07P7M6K35/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=3I...
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userNvNAzNmt9P
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Actually, one other question.  Will the card work out of the box in the tablet, or will it need to be formatted (outside the tablet or after inserted)?  Thanks.

bill-e
Options
Tablets

I usually format them in the device. Instructions for doing that are at the bottom of this article.
https://seekingtech.com/how-to-insert-mount-unmount-and-format-a-microsd-card-to-galaxy-tab-s8-s8-s8...

Bill
---
userNvNAzNmt9P
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I need to know.  Cheers.

0 Likes