Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 - 6.1 Update causing input bugs with Samsung Notes 4.4.17.29

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 10:23 AM)
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I Am unsure if it is the S-Pen and the new software or the App itself.

1. I try to write or erase and the screen doesn't register the input, at least to my eyes, but if I close out and come back in, whatever I wrote or erased previously those actions will be completed.

I zoomed in while writing and it visually what I wrote is almost fading in and out looks faint and then it eventually looks solid and registers the written activity. I first noticed the issuses when I went to erase something and all I heard was the sound but no registerd input. 

2. I noticed the "book view" reading button removed the secondary button that you used to press to enter into input mode. With the previous style, this meant when done writing I could swipe back once and read over my input or note and back again to exit the note altogether.

Now, they removed the secondary button and now one back takes you all the way out of the note. Not sure how I feel about that when I'm used to writing with my s-pen and swiping back to enter into book reader mode. Now to retrain my muscle memory to press a button to enter into this mode.

I also wish they had a setting for US to select what input method, if any, we want upon opening a note. I hardly well never use the keyboard button and it's annoying when I open a note and the first thing it does it flash the blinking cursor for text input when 99.99% of the time I'm reading over my note or writing with my S-Pen. It should just open to book view and allow us to select what default input method we want to use.

I've used Samsung since the S2. I haven't made any changes to my devices but update them and the input bug did not start until after the update.

I've checked for updates, cleared cach, restarted, idk why Samsung notes is doing this. I'm concerned my data will be messed up. I learned to keep my Samsung account separate on my Tablet from my phone. Why? Well, one time the phone had a software update and the tablet didn't, anyways you think it would be 1 sync file happening nope. I somehow lost over 60 pages of notes on my tablet, and some weird version of the same notes were showing on my phone and tablet I think but the data was somehow corrupted and I couldn't figure out why or where my data went and Samsung cloud is always syncing. 

I made the change to not sync my Tab S9 with any other device. So far so good. 

Anyone else experiencing the input bug on Samsung Notes and the latest 6.1 update?

1 Reply
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
.SamsungMessages-04032024_1000000824_1712184746.png
0 Likes