JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab s8 Plus One UI update

(Topic created: 11-22-2022 09:44 PM)
Mike2Savage95
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Where is the one UI 5 update for the Galaxy Tab s8 series!?!? Starting to get frustrated because all I see is that it has been out already for tablets and I can't seem to download it. Please help lol

14 Replies
user6EK03fIWCf
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
This one you gotta wait on. Samsung partnered with Google to make a special version of the tablet android OS. I'm sure it's on its way. I have a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and it doesn't have the UI 5 Update.
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
That's only for Android 14 unfortunately.
Mike2Savage95
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Okay cool, thanks. I was starting to get  and Sam Mobile be having different dates for for the update.

Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Hey there Mike.

While I do not have a date and release varies by model and carrier (if applicable), I see that the OneUI 5/Android 13 build is in testing here in the US for both the WiFi and carrier models. Hopefully they will be approved and released soon.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Mike2Savage95
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Appreciate it! Thank You
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Tablets
It seems that we are getting it at the very end of November-maybe. They said November but they never tell us a day in November. If it is the last week of November it seems more like December to me.

I don't understand why Apple can update all of their phones and tablets in one day no matter the carrier and Samsung roll out is months?
Mike2Savage95
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Samsung is known for making sure they have everything right before the initial rollout. They have to be spot on. One of the reasons why iPhones always have issues when they release updates because they rush.
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Tablets
Looking at these forums and how many people complain about problems with their device after update I might say that you might not be 100% right on your statement. However I do think Samsung does a pretty good job with stability overall. Just like these forums people complain about iPhone updates. However in my experience with an iPhone 13 pro max since launch I have never had a problem with stability or "issues" but I am not a fan of what Apple has done with the software coming from 15.

I also have an s22 plus and received the update for Android 13 on October 31st at midnight. I have not had any issues and right now I am liking Android 13 better than iOS 16.1.1.

0 Likes
Mike2Savage95
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It does get frustrating tho. Samsung is definitely getting a lot better.