cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy TabPro S Screen Not Coming On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I first got the SM-W700NZKAXAR TabPro S it would flawlessly turn on when I opened it up but now the screen sortof fizzles and goes black.  I can eventually get it to come back on again but it involves waiting 20seconds, hitting the power button, and repeating until the screen comes on.

Is there a fix?  I've done a factory reset and then installed all of the samsung updates, then updated windows, then updated more samsung updates and get the same thing.

Beautiful tablet that I've had since May of 2016 but I've had issues with it for about a year and finally stopped using it for four months because I couldn't even get it to power on.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy TabPro S Screen Not Coming On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry about that.  I meant to reply to another thread. 

I'll try this that I posted in another thread and see how it goes  it seems to work better now that I've done this:

I toggled my settings for "when I press power button" and "when I close the lid" for both on battery and when plugged in from "Sleep" to "Hibernate", saved the changes and then toggled them all back to "sleep" and safed the changes and so far it is working PERFECTLY again.

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > System Settings

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Edit:  Nevermind... I spoke too soon.  Seems to have worked temporarily.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry about that.  I meant to reply to another thread. 

I'll try this that I posted in another thread and see how it goes  it seems to work better now that I've done this:

I toggled my settings for "when I press power button" and "when I close the lid" for both on battery and when plugged in from "Sleep" to "Hibernate", saved the changes and then toggled them all back to "sleep" and safed the changes and so far it is working PERFECTLY again.

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > System Settings

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same problem on the Tabpro  Sm-w700.

The computer switches on but the screen remains black.

Plugging in USB to external monitor is ok and verifies the computer is fine apart from the screen.

It seems to be software/firmware  related fault that leaves the screen unable to switch on.

Once it seems to be caused by windows update which replaced the samsung panel driver with the generic microsoft panel driver (settings->Display->Display Adapter Properties->Monitor TabDriver->Generic PnP Monitor)

Download the Samsung panel driver_16.1.1.7 and run the setupINF64.exe seems to fix the problem (woring so far)

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

please tell me. where to download this driver.

Tnx.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if this driver really fixes the problem,

but I was able to download the driver using the "Samsung Update" program which was pre-installed on my tablet.

In my "Samsung Update" program there is a button called "Setup-Dateien speichern" which translates from german-to-english as "Save Setup Files". Next comes a list with all devices an the corresponding drivers. Here I was able to select the panel-driver and "export" the drivers to folder on my harddrive.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.