JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tablet A8 : No extra dim feature

(Topic created: 11-23-2022 07:10 AM)
jgi0
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I feel so disappointed. The Galaxy tablet A8 does not have the extra dim feature. (I have the latest Android update). I contacted samsung support, who mentioned is "a tablet design issue", and that the tablet does not support the extra dim feature. If I would have known this, I would have considered another purchase. Wondering what can we do to advocate for the extra dim feature for the tablet A8?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It must just be that it is a budget tablet. 

One of these apps should solve your problem though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQZViRH2IfA

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

6 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

My Tab S8U has it though I don't use it.  Did you search in Settings->Accessibility?  It is a feature of One UI 4.1.

It is possible that the A8 being a budget, entry level tablet, it does not have that feature. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
jgi0
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the reply. I did try the accessibility settings and searching for the extra-dim as well. Here's a picture of the accessibility settings. I can't believe that such a simple feature is not available for budget friendly tablet. I mainly want the tablet for reading Screenshot_20221123-010619_Accessibility.jpg
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

What version of One UI do you have? 

Settings->About Tablet->Software Information. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
jgi0
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
One UI core version 4.1, Android version 12
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

It must just be that it is a budget tablet. 

One of these apps should solve your problem though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQZViRH2IfA

Bill
---
userLJBDXZK8yq
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I was also disappointed that the extra dim feature was not there, but I did discover something interesting. I had bought the 32gb version but using SmartSwitch, couldn't move everything over so I returned and upgraded to the 128gb version. This allowed me to copy everything over from my phone (Flip 3 5G) and guess what? The Extra Dim icon and functionality ported over and works flawlessly! However, Extra Dim still does not show up in the settings! So...... I guess Samsung wanted to intentionally put out a product with limited features to motivate summer to upgrade to more expensive version? Don't know but it is suspicious!!!!! Now, if I can just get vibration on the A8....... 🤔. (running Android 13 - had to run updates 4 times to get to latest from what came factory installed)
0 Likes