JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s7 fe doesn't recognize sim card

(Topic created: 12-19-2023 11:06 AM)
MoCal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

As title says, I have s7 fe tablet that I have tried to install a Samsung pro plus 256gb sim card but continue to get no sim card installed error message. Any constructive feedback is appreciated. Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@MoCal So then, installing an SD card would help with that. But it would not eliminate the no SIM card installed message. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@MoCal It sounds like you have installed a 256 GB SD card. This is completely different than a SIM card. The SD card provides you with more storage to your device. A SIM card provides carrier network information to your device. 

Can you clarify what you installed and what you are expecting? 

MoCal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello LongHiker thank you for your reply.  Ahh OK, well my intent was to add storage for movies pictures etc. Not expecting to make phone calls, just more storage for misc files.

Solution
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@MoCal So then, installing an SD card would help with that. But it would not eliminate the no SIM card installed message. 

MoCal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@LongHiker, OK I was hoping to get rid of that message from popping up. So if I install the SD card Should it be recognized as extra storage space?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@MoCal After you install the SD card you should see it available in MyFiles as another storage location. 

MoCal
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

OK now I see it I was expecting to see it show up under storage. Thanks again for all your help. Merry Christmas if you celebrate,if not happy holidays.

0 Likes