cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPdycljvPon
Constellation

Re: Galaxy tab A 10.1 randomly shutting off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have 2. One has no problem,  the other shuts down. We took it to the Samsung guys at best buy and they reflashed it and it worked fine for about 1/2 year and started again. Went back, but they said their system was down so could not do it. Went more than  a week later, still down. Not encouraging for a tech company!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userPdycljvPon, Any error messages prior to it shutting down?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3VPnfTE7j2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab a 10.1 Wi-Fi tablet and under settings you have the restart timer setting that will turn around and turn it off and not always turned it back on change the options and it should correct your problem.

user3eqY5mcGUV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can not find hat setting.  Can you share more as to where to find it?

userNqxrcXdfvB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Have a 10.1 2014 edition. Has worked fine for about  year and how will shut off periodicaly Thought it was the battery, so I replaced that and it still does it. Half charge full charge etc. Only doesnt do it if it is plugged in. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone that has provided your information to us here. I am going to compile all the steps that have been suggested here and add a few for you guys to try. If none of these work, the tablet will need to be serviced.

Charging troubleshooting. 
First off we suggest you use the original charger. This is the only charger we can guarantee is compatible with your device. If you still have this issue with your original charger, you can test your device with another charger to see if you get the same results. If this is the case you should continue with these troubleshooting steps. If this solves the issue, you will need to obtain a new charger. 

Safe mode Test
Next you should test your device in safe mode. The steps to put a tablet into safe mode can vary, so I would suggest googling your "tablet model" safe mode. If you cannot find steps to put this device into safe mode, let us know here and we can pull up the steps for you in most cases. Once in safe mode test your device for a few days. If you have this issue still, then there is some type of hardware issue that will need to be service. At the bottom of this post, I will provide a link to where you can set up this service. 

Factory reset/ uninstalling apps. 
If you do not have this issue in safe mode, then there is some type of software issue with this device. You can do one of the following. 
Factory reset your device and then test your device. You will need to keep note of the applications you are installing so if you install something new, you will know it is that application that is causing the issue. 
The other way to test this is to go the other way around. You can uninstall applications till the issue does not appear anymore. 

Lastly, if none of these help the issue, you will need to have this device set up for service. If you would like to look into this option, you can do this here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will update this post to reflect any differences in troubleshooting steps. 

Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0ol2JYxmdG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the suggested solutions helped, including sending the unit in for repair. After searching several android sites I  find that many people have this issue with tab a 10.1 units.  The common denominator in all the posts is that WiFi has something to do with the problem. The latest post suggests that installing android 7.0 fixes the problem, but this has not been verified because it was only recently posted.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I finally get Nougat -- an update that is surely testing my patience -- I'll get daring and test out my 5 GHz connection to see what happens.

Highlighted
userRgQLHant02
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did you update the app ? Did it stop the shut down? Mine just started shutting down over the last few days. It also happens in safe mode so the "fix" doesn't work for me. Haven't figured out how to change the wife from 5 to 2.4. any suggestions? thanks

userN4nK4EWqPa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I don't know how to tell for all networks, but usually you wifi in your home would have both 5g & 2.4g by default.  Usually the network ID would have 5g on the end of it for the 5g network, while the 2.4g would be the same ID without the 5g on the end.  The only way to be certain is to look at the settings of your wireless router.

I hope this helps.