cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useremhkduu59X
Constellation

Galaxy tab A 10.1 randomly shutting off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a new Galaxy Tab A last month and it randomly shuts off no matter what I am doing. Internet surfing, using apps, and during resets it has shut off. I have ran a diagnostic on it but the results say everything is fine. I have 10 days to return it but I would like to know if there's  a solution. It is a great tablet when it's not shutting off on its own. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy tab A 10.1 randomly shutting off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone that has provided your information to us here. I am going to compile all the steps that have been suggested here and add a few for you guys to try. If none of these work, the tablet will need to be serviced.

Charging troubleshooting. 
First off we suggest you use the original charger. This is the only charger we can guarantee is compatible with your device. If you still have this issue with your original charger, you can test your device with another charger to see if you get the same results. If this is the case you should continue with these troubleshooting steps. If this solves the issue, you will need to obtain a new charger. 

Safe mode Test
Next you should test your device in safe mode. The steps to put a tablet into safe mode can vary, so I would suggest googling your "tablet model" safe mode. If you cannot find steps to put this device into safe mode, let us know here and we can pull up the steps for you in most cases. Once in safe mode test your device for a few days. If you have this issue still, then there is some type of hardware issue that will need to be service. At the bottom of this post, I will provide a link to where you can set up this service. 

Factory reset/ uninstalling apps. 
If you do not have this issue in safe mode, then there is some type of software issue with this device. You can do one of the following. 
Factory reset your device and then test your device. You will need to keep note of the applications you are installing so if you install something new, you will know it is that application that is causing the issue. 
The other way to test this is to go the other way around. You can uninstall applications till the issue does not appear anymore. 

Lastly, if none of these help the issue, you will need to have this device set up for service. If you would like to look into this option, you can do this here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will update this post to reflect any differences in troubleshooting steps. 

Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

133 REPLIES 133
userMfypI7hxOi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dose it shut off while charging?  I have the Tablet A 7 and if it's below 60% charged it shuts off when I do heavy research or gaming.   You're not alone. I think this might be a bug in the latest upgrade. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you feel the device heating up prior to shutting off?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useremhkduu59X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it does not. I spoke with Samsung support and their solutions did not help me.

user1mQcv8LgeN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tablet does that it freezes and then it shuts off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userVdcnAvcEB8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same exact problem as soon as the battery level went below 60% my tablet kept restarting but only when i attempted to watched videos. It seems the problem is the wifi connection, i had problems when i was connected on my 5ghz network instead of 2.4ghz . This worked for me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you also on a Tab 1 10.1?

userVdcnAvcEB8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using the 8 inch galaxy tab a