cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9fQeFM2Vww
Constellation

Re: Galaxy tab A 10.1 randomly shutting off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Switching to 2.4ghz seems to have solved it. Thanks.
userSTYUE9Z0At
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user9fQeFM2Vww is right about using the 2.4 GHz network.

I told my unit to Forget the 5 GHz.

I have tried all of the suggestions here and else where, short of a factory reset. - not the problem

Even removed the Magnetic Sammy mag cover as some others else where suggested. - not the problem

I went through 5 GHz channels 35, 40, 44, 48 at 20-40-80MHz Channel Width - no go

Stayed from the DFS-channels which are basically every channel from channel 52 and up.

5 GHz worked for about 2 months when the unit was new - not any more.

The unit for most of it's use is 10 ft away from the route - direct line of sight.

No other device in my house has this problem. Not enen our Galaxy s5 or Sammy TV.

This seems to be a SAMSUNG problem on a lot of their devices for a long time.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No wonder I've never had this problem, I've never connected to my 5 GHz network.  I'll be sure to have the tablet forget the network.

This begs for a MASSIVE recall, but unless our batteries catch fire, Samsung will undoubtedly try to sweep it under the rug.

Thank you Wi-Fi Alliance for the certification.  😉

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In all fairness, I believe the link to the solution should be directed to one of the posts clearly showing the problem has always been a wi-fi issue, and NONE of the troubleshooting routines seem to do any good, as this is clearly a Samsung inherent issue.

userjXklEFm0uW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i just stumbled across this post, our Galaxy Tab A 8 in does the exact same thing. Random reboot/shut off. Doesnt matter how much charge it has. Ive done a factory reset from the recovery mode and its still an issue. Im going to try the wifi fix and see if it corrects. ours never did this until the most recent 6.0.1 update....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userIoCQhfjumB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userAJ9vm8Ww2F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
did wifi fix work?
userN4nK4EWqPa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, going from my 5g WiFi to the 2.4g WiFi resolved my problem.  My Tab A has been up for almost 2 weeks now without powering off.  Before it was happening multiple times per day.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It'll be interesting to see if, after the Nougat update, the 5 GHz issue continues.