cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroEpL3nhop1
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy tab A 10.1 randomly shutting off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same problem with the tablet shutting off.  Bought it on Friday, exchanged it on Saturday at Best Buy but even the new one was doing it.  Took it in again today and read this thread whole the guy was checking it out.  Now at home, I changed it to the 2.4 GHz and it seems to have fixed the problem!  Just can't watch anything without a lot of buffering, though.  Have to decide what to do next.

user1lJOWGrZZz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do you know the strength of WiFi and find this stuff out!!!

userdvwpZtx1zq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's what I have. Having same issue. Mine won't hardly stay on long enough to switch WiFi networks.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userdvwpZtx1zq, You're using the tab A 10.1 as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

arjun403
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now that I upgraded my Tab A 10.1 2016 (XAR) to Nougat, it keeps on freezing and then going back to the unlocking screen when you restart it and then has me put my PIN in again. 

I was tinkering with adb, could that be the cause of it?

userM9tyQSOZqm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far nothing seems to fix the issue. Running android 7.0 and device will randomly shut off / reboot. Had Samsug support remote in and device rebooted on them. Cannot do a factory reset. Gett error message e:failed to find /misc partition. Reboot device and reset never happened. Have deleted all accounts on device and tried reset, same issue. Won't try the wifi fix you guys mentioned. If device cannot work as designed then they either need to refund my money or give me a device of equal or greater value that works to replace it. Samsung support keeps having me submit online requests for service to give them permission that I already have. Its a joke. Seems like Im not the only person who has this issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not attempted a factory reset on my SM-T580 because I have yet to encounter the random reboot issue; HOWEVER, I have experienced the "e:  failed to find/misc partition" error on every wipe cache partition attempt, and this error does seem to be a Nougat bug.  I assumed Nougat cleared up the shutdown issue, apparently not.

userM9tyQSOZqm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Factory resets will fail for me if I can get the tablet to stay on long enough to attempt or if I do a hard reset. Get error message that e:misc is missing. I have watched the device try to update apps and then crash and none of the updates actually stay. I sent my device in for service and got screwed. They said display not working, reseated display cable and secured. They did nothing to fix the issue I requested. The tablet or OS has an issue and samsung won't cop to it and I'm really frustrated. I even had a tech remote into the device and it crashed on him. I think they should either recall the devices or offer a tablet of equal value. This tablet is junk, their service is junk. Im beyond angry.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would suggest taking the tablet to your local best buy store and allowing them to reflash the device.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM9tyQSOZqm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am sending it back to you for service a 2nd time. It's 6 months old and best buy isn't going to work on it. It's under your warranty. So far your service has been a joke, hopefully the 2nd time you will actually work on it instead of reseating the display cable. That's all you did even though you knew the problem had nothing to do with the display.