Original topic:

Galaxy tab A 8 Tablet factory reset issue

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 06:32 PM)
userQ9Ne4mWixN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My 12 yr old set up her new tablet today (without waiting on me for help) with bogus email/password and cannot remember the pattern she put in initially.  I did a factory reset but it will not let me proceed without the email or pattern initially put in.  We tried using the bogus email/password and it wouldn't accept it.  We have tried numerous pattern attempts with no success.  My question is: how can we factory reset so we don't have to enter a previous email or pattern?  Is there any way to wipe it completely and start over?

7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Isn't there a prompt for "forgot pin or password"?
0 Likes
userQ9Ne4mWixN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

there is, but it is an endless loop.  It asks me for a phone or email address, I give it my current one, they send me a verification code, I put it in, then it takes me right back to asking for the original email address.  I tried several times and end up right back to where I started

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you purchased the tablet from Samsung.com there is a good chance it is already registered.  First, log into Samsung.com and go to your products, and see if it's registered.  If it is go to findmymobile.samsung.com and log in and see if it sees the tablet.

This will not work if the Samsung account wasn't entered in the new tablet.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Google how to get into recovery. There is a Factory reset option there.
0 Likes
userQ9Ne4mWixN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

As I explained, I did that.  Twice.  It keeps asking for the original email and password in an endless loop.

0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
It's asking for the password in recovery mode?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Yep that's what it does.  No way around it that I know of unless you can find something on the internet. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes