Galaxy tab A with s-pen handwritten notes

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy tab A with s-pen handwritten notes

How to convert them into text? I tried to use a select tool, but then there is no convert option. I remember I was able to do it on my old note tablet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author user5ntaSqSHYn
3 weeks ago

Re: Galaxy tab A with s-pen handwritten notes

For those interested I managed to solve the problem myself. After trying to sideboard different versions of S-Note, I found that version 5.2.01-5 works. I got it here: http://www.androidgalaxys.net/migliori-app-galaxy-s/s-note-beta-5-2-01/

There is a trick, however. You can't download the extension from within the program,  as it is not supported. You have to Google it and sideboard, as a regular apk after you install S-Note. It's called base.apk

It works perfectly then. 

It's  a shame Samsung offers a castrated version of S-Note for this tablet,  while it could work perfectly as a complete great note taking platform. 

12 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Just to make sure, are the handwritten notes in S-note or a different app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Yes, Samsung  notes. It looks different from S-Notes  I used to have on my Note 2014 tablet, however. 

Samsung Moderator

The steps I'm finding are related to the OneNote app but I'll list them below:

To convert handwriting to text, do the following:

1. On the Draw tab, choose the Lasso Select button.
  2. On the page, drag a selection over the handwriting you want to convert.
  3. On the Draw tab, choose Ink to Text.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

There is no option to convert. Please see the screenshotScreenshot_20170228-135438.jpg

Attachments

Asteroid

Screenshot_20170228-135438.jpgthere is NO ink to text option

Samsung Moderator

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I managed to get my hands on a Note 5 phone and do some testing with the Samsung Notes app. (Couldn't get ahold of a tablet) But it looks like with the Samsung Notes app specifically there is not a convert writing to text but you can incorporate text into a "Drawing". If you're wanting to convert, I would recommend trying a different app. 

Asteroid

Which app? I remember I was able to do "ink to text on my old Note tab somehow. Was this feature removed? Still waiting for help

Samsung Moderator

It's possible, with the information on Samsung Notes I'm not showing it ever had that feature. I would recommend trying S-note or OneNote since they seem to have it available. 

Asteroid

S-note is not available on this tablet (Galaxy tab A with s-pen 10.1). I may have to sideload it. Could you provide me with a safe link, please?