Galaxy tab S2 won't turn on, Although battery symbol is displayed.

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy tab S2 won't turn on, Although battery symbol is displayed.

Hi, I have a problem with this tablet, the battery was dead and did not charge, so i replaced it. Now the screen shows 62% green level on the large battery symbol, this symbol appears when i press the home button or physically move the tablet. there is enough power but it wont respond to pressing the power button. I have tried the usual of holding both volume down and power buttons, as well as holding just about all combinations of buttons for a length of time, but it still wont turn on.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy tab S2 won't turn on, Although battery symbol is displayed.

Hey,

Are you using the original charger and adapter? 

Also, can you provide me the full model code of the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I no longer have the original charger, but i use a known woirking Samsung smart phone charger, having said that, the new battery has over half a charge in it, so it should still power on just from the battery, but all i do get is the big battery picture showing in green the amount of charge, which has since my previous message drained down to zero.

So now when i plug in the charger it shows the battery as empty but with a zigzag charging symbol, but it will not charge or power on.

its an SM-T815Y model code. 

Samsung Moderator

Honestly using this charger and not the original could be the issue. However because this model is an international one, my options to help are limited. I advise using this link to get better assisted with this situation - http://www.samsung.com/nz/info/contactus/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.