Galaxy tab a t580 is sdxc memory card supported ??

Constellation

Galaxy tab a t580 is sdxc memory card supported ??

11 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy tab a t580 is sdxc memory card supported ??

It would support up to 200GB total on the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Thanks for the speedy reply. Sandisk sdxc 128 U1, works great. 

Constellation

If I transfer data to my scandisk sdxc uhs -1 card the tablet reboots  any thoughts?

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Erase your card and unmount it (erasing may automatically unmount it). Then,  FORMAT CARD. It will probably remount. After I did this, my SD card accepted many transfer and began automatically sending some apps to microsd. 

Black Hole

Hello, @user8Sgt6T7grz have you attempted the steps provided by uxx4. 

Let the Community know if this worked for you or if you noticed any changes.

Asteroid

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET 10" model SM-T580, is a 128GB MicroSDcard "compatible"for my device   ...I need to have the exact specific type of compatible card!! I'm so new to all this I've never even had a computer B4 (still don't ALL I have is this tablet ).....Also,  I'm not sure if I responded to to correct response THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP 

Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hi there! This tablet can support up to a 200 GB microSD™ card, both sdhc and sdxc. The EVO you see on Samsung SD cards is just a name as far as I am aware so in all actuality any microSD card will work. 

**Edit - just letting you know I did move one of your above posts so the thread is more streamlined. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

GREAT... so I can actually use higher than the 128GB for my exact model,  QUESTION: So CAN I TRANSFER PODCASTS  SAVED ON MY TABLET ON TO THE MEMORY CARD, CAN I TRANSFER MY SAVED MUSIC  ON MEMORY CARD to listen to when I'm outside, and can I store some of my APPS also on memory card cause they take up so much memory space I also don't even quite understand the difference between upload&download or how to even open any of my files that I MOST DEFINITELY HAVE ACCIDENTAL TRIPLICATES aside from duplicates WHAT IS A TRUSTED SOURCE FOR 1st time beginners for all this p.s. I'm in my 30's NOT A senior citizen IT'S JUST ALL THIS SEEMED TO PASS BY SOOOOOO  FAST I GOT PAST BY anyway THANKS Soooooo Much for your Advice (for all these Q's is there a "FOR DUMMIES  RESOURCE online out there") 

What is "SDHC" & "SDXC"? Is that different from SD or SD MICRO & what's the difference between "micro...SD"& just a SD MEMORY CARD? ?! I NEED TO HAVE THIS CLARIFIED.... I HAVE SD CARDS for my digital camera,  in case of emergency storage needed could I use the same as the one I use for my SONY CYBERSHOT, Just curious on that last part . THANKS AGAIN YOU ARE SO HELPFUL

Samsung Moderator

I recommend checking out samsungsimulator.com if you're new and like step by steps with pics. As far as what "SDHC" & "SDXC" are, it's just formatting types for the SD card. When you purchase a new SD card the package will tell you which type it is, or website if you're ordering online. A microSD is much much smaller than a regular SD and sadly you can only use a micro within the tablet.

When it comes to what can be stored on the tablet: 

Pictures: Yes

Videos:Yes

Podcasts:Yes

Documents:Yes

Applications: Sorta-kinda "yes"

Apps are different because the application developers are who decides whether or not an app can be loaded from internal or external memory. If an app can be moved, the option will be listed within the application manager for that app. And in regards to apps and trusted sources, all apps that appear within the Google Play Store have been verified by Google to be safe for download. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.