Original topic:

Galaxy tab a won't power on

(Topic created: 10-03-2020 08:45 AM)
Hyendaudio
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi.

My Galaxy Tab A won't power on. Fairly certain it is charged although when I plug it in to a charger the lighting bolt shows on screen with no percentage indicator. I've tried volume down/power button combo, holding the power button for at least 2 minutes and still no joy.

Any suggestions what I can do?

Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Take a look at the link below it might have some additional troubleshooting steps for you to try. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001482/

If the above troubleshooting link didn't help, service is required. To have service set up you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. Or you contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Take a look at the link below it might have some additional troubleshooting steps for you to try. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001482/

If the above troubleshooting link didn't help, service is required. To have service set up you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. Or you contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Hyendaudio
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you but I have already done the research and searches and have read that article. No joy. Is there another option to try or button combination to wake it up or force a reset?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
Hyendaudio
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I saw a suggestion from someone else with the same problem, and it worked. I let it sit for 3 days then plugged it in and it fired right up and is now functioning properly.
0 Likes