cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy tab s6 fingerprint scanner wont recognise

I just read this post and gave it a try. It worked but it is rather sensitive to how "hard" you touch the surface. It would have been a good idea for Samsung to issue some kind of warning when the sensor fails due to too much pressure.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Note that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work on several/many other Samsung tablets and phones, in just the same way. In particular the S5e.

Other manufacturers have had fingerprint scanners which work immediately and reliably, for years. But Samsung does not use reliable technology for some reason.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a tempered glass screen protector on, which I put on before finishing setting up the device

I couldn't get it to register my fingerprint, with maximum being 90% no matter what I tried.

I then turned on the blue light filter as suggested in an earlier post and retried the scan, this worked first time to 100% and when turned off the blue light filter it still recognised my fingerprint.

I'm in UK using Android 10, UI 2.1, build QP1A.190711.020.T865XXU3BTF2, Security May 2020

Device is only one month old

Highlighted
Constellation

Couldnt Register Fingerprint on Tab S6

I purchased a Tab S6 and have been trying to set it up to recognize my fingerprints. It keeps coming up with an error message about 20% into the process that it Couldnt Register my fingerprint.  After I get the message,  it resets for me to go through the whole process again.  I also looked and i have the latest software installed.  I've tried several times and even reset the entire tablet. Thinking of just taking it back, but wanted to check here to see if there is sitting i could try first.   Don't want to trade it in for another only to have the same problem. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Couldnt Register Fingerprint on Tab S6

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungCaleb I am also having this issue and I have followed all of the suggestions I have read and still it will not work.  My tablet is brand new - I got it yesterday and I have triple checked to make sure that all of the updates have been completed.  I have turned the blue light both off and on, does not make a difference.  I have also played with the screen brightness and that also has not made a difference.  I was able to set up the fingerprint on my S10+ with no issues.  I do not understand what is the issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have a brand new tab s6 as well and it won't register my fingerprint either.  I removed the existing prints, cleared cache and tried again with the same result.  This is ridiculous... why can't you just design it to work correctly?  You shouldn't make your customers resort to a bunch of shananigans to compensate for bad product design.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here.  Brand new Tab S6 and it fails at 20% while registering fingerprint.  Tried Blue filter and varying brightness.  Why won't this work??  Need a solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

I resolved this by disabling dark mode and adaptive brightness, turned the brightness all the way down, and changed vivid to normal. Still didn't work for 1 of the 3 prints I tried so I held my thumb under hot water for 10 seconds, dried it off and tried again. Worked like a charm. Then changed all my settings back. What a pain! 

Highlighted
Constellation

just turn display to normal not vivid. it worked immediately after I tried that