cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy tab s6 fingerprint scanner wont recognise

same here. Mine went for service multiple times for other matters. 
But now when I tried to set it up with fingerprint, it kept saying " move your finger around to cover whole sensor"! I've definitely cover my finger around the whole sensor! 
I hate to bring down this tablet for like the x times to the customer service... 

Hope someone has solution to this.

Astronaut

This Alternative Solution Worked For Me:

Having had the same problems as others on this board, and all the posted solutions having failed, I started experimenting. I have now got the sensor to recognise my prints !!!

I think different people have different experiences because of different anatomy, but more importantly, different environment such as temperature and humidity. Like others I thought maybe my prints were not pronounced enough, or too dry.

My Solution:

1] Use a small amount of body lotion on the finger to be registered.

2] Rub this into the finger. The screen should smear when attempting to register the print.

3] Go ahead and try to register the print. I find that after the percentage has gone up it seems worthwhile moving the finger before removing it from the screen in a way that smears the screen [not sure why].

4] Register other prints in the same way.

Once the prints are registerd clean you hands and the screen. My experience is that following registration you can use the FP sensor in the normal way and it works fine.  This technique has worked fantastically for me and saved me having to swap the tablet, please click on 'like' it if it works for you.

Constellation

I'm very disappointed with my galaxy tab s6 fingerprint and biometrics. I registered both on initial setup but after software update, neither work. I keep getting a message once 20% is reached in registration process. "Unable to read fingerprint" Same for biometrics. I would have rated my S6 5 out of 5 if these functions had worked but, now only 3 out of 5. I never had a problem with fingerprint recognition on my Sony Xperia Z5 phone. Having tried various solutions and wasted several hours of my life, I've decided to live with my pincode unlock. Very unsatisfactory! Suspect it's a software bug in the update.

Asteroid

i too am having the same problem i just sent it to samsung for service they sent it back with the same problem they say they replace some part but stills does not work. did you find a solution