Original topic:

Galaxy tab s8+ keyboard case

(Topic created: 11-02-2022 07:03 PM)
kg0613
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Am I losing it, or does the s8+ tablet not have a keyboard case with track pad as a purchase option?
9 Replies
KwamGary
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I believe Samsung has a case that also doubles as the s7 case. I have the Ultra so def too big
0 Likes
kg0613
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
The s7 fe is the same size. But it's the same situation. I'm only finding the "book cover" with no trackpad and has to be lifted from the keyboard to be closed. Not at all like the s6, or s8 ultra case. And that's the weirdest part... the s6 has one.. but not the s8+
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Tablets

They have this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Plus-12-4/dp/B09P3N1HTY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2FL0WP58AI3MZ...

0 Likes
kg0613
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I saw that one but doesn't seem like it would close nicely, and I don't see any function keys 😞
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/tablets/galaxy-tab-s8-plus-galaxy-tab-s7-plus-b...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
kg0613
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Well.. would ya look at that!
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@kg0613  Notice I posted the link while refraining from  referring back to the first statement in  your original post 😉 

Expensive keyboard and I have the same thing for my Ultra... Not a good design for lap use either. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
kg0613
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
You didnt need to hold that back, lol
0 Likes
TxHermit
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It took me forever to find the non-slim case with track pad. I highly recommend you look for another case.

It appears that no engineering went into this midsized case. It is basically a larger version of the s8 case. All of the magnetic points are too weak to properly do their job. The two sections will detach very easily. It feels insecure in the hand when being carried closed. If you put it in a bag, and actually use it for work, you will routinely open it to find the battery depleted do to the cover shifting just enough that the tablet wakes up.

Besides the magnets, the upsizing on the keyboard portion was also done in a shoddy manner. If not properly supported, it flexes quite a bit and you end up with phantom key and touchpad presses.

MAYBE I got a bad batch. Which is doubtful. The slim keyboard without touchpad is significantly more stable.

0 Likes