cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Give us the option to format an SD card as internal storage

I have owned quite a few Android devices from Motorola, to LG and all of those devices have one thing in common... They adhere to Google's guidelines of adaptive storage set in Android 6.0+. Like literally all of them that offer expandable storage allow you to use your SD card that you purchased as internal storage. So why is it that my Galaxy Tab S5e or really any Samsung device has no option available for using an SD as internal storage? Like it's ridiculous, this is technically my first Samsung device and I was debating on switching from my Pixel 3XL (yeah I know that doesn't have expandable storage but still) to a galaxy device that still offered micro SD expansion but probably will just stick with the Pixel because of this. Like if anyone from the software development team can give me a highly detailed answer as to why this feature has been excluded I would love to know. But for now my stance is that there is no excuse. Like I even bought a Samsung branded SD card just to use for my tablet. 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Give us the option to format an SD card as internal storage

Similar thing happened to me, had a Motorola before getting my Samsung A20. Unfortunately no other forums or sites that I found actually state why. I still like my A20 slot very nice screen but I most certainly wouldn't have purchased a Samsung phone if I about the sd card situation. Please put the option back in.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Give us the option to format an SD card as internal storage

Adoptive memory is supported by android but since the code can be modified by the manufacturer they can easiely block it. They block it because they think it will cause them headaches to support & are afraid it wll kill the sd card because there is a difference in transmission speed between  the system memory & the sd card. I use a motorola phone where adding a sd card as adoptive memory is just a setting.