JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gmail Account Recovery

(Topic created: 07-12-2021 03:30 PM)
LWS53
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had to do a factory reset on a Samsung Tablet A.  I keep getting the "something went wrong" message when I reset my gmail account password even though I received the notifications (sent to my back up email address that is NOT gmail) that my device has been restored, etc.  I can't get past this section to complete the set-up process.  Extremely frustrating!  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Tablets

I would suggest going to your nearest Samsung Experience Store or Local Ubreakifix store and have them FRP unlock your device. You will need proof of purchase with your Name and the IMEI of your device to have this process done on your device.

This is an issue we run into at times when customers Factory Flash their devices, sometimes Google has issues recognizing the password or if there are two Gmail profiles on the device this can happen as well. As long as you have a Bill or Proof of purchase with your name on it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Solution
LWS53
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you for the suggestions.  I did reach out to the UbreakIfix store but they said they couldn't help.  Hopefully the receipt from Costco is in the box so I can take it to a Samsung Experience Store.  I appreciate your reply.

View solution in context

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Tablets

If you don't have the receipt, you can use a bill from your carrier as long as it's in your name and has the IMEI of your device.

It's odd they said they can't do that repair for you, If you are near a Samsung Experience Store we would definitely love to assist you with that repair.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
LWS53
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Maybe I will try to call a different UbreakIfix store to see what they say.  If not I will look for a Samsung Experience Store.  Many thanks for your suggestion!  

0 Likes