Original topic:

Google Assistant

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 08:13 AM)
RyanSr
Halo
Options
Tablets
I know this isn't necessarily a Samsung issue but I have noticed that the Google Assistant on my S22 Ultra is much smarter than the assistant on my  Tab S8+ and both are running Android 13. On my S22 I can tell my Google Assistant to adjust the screen brightness to 50% and it happens. On my Tab S8 it tells me that it did not understand me. I then tried rephrasing and nada. I even started typing it and adjust the brightness to 50% it pops up as it's predicting what I'm typing and I tap on adjust the brightness to 50% and again it tells me that it did not understand me. Seriously? **bleep**?! I typed it to ensure that I was giving the Google Assistant the correct command and yet it still doesn't understand me. On my S22 I just tell it to adjust the brightness and it happens without any issues. Any ideas on how to fix the stupidity of the Tab S8 Google Assistant?
3 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I just played with a bit and on my Tab S8 Ultra if I say to Set Brightness to maximum it presents a dialog where you can tap to increase and decrease.  Kind of weird. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
The S8 is how old now? Four years or so? Probably has older hooks that don't understand what Assistant is trying to pass.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Tab S8... released in 22.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor