Original topic:

Google Drive not syncing correctly and OneDrive not syncing at all with My Files app

(Topic created: 06-18-2022 11:52 AM)
userS3A8zFCAw0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello, I have had a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite for almost a year now and some time ago I noticed, well, the title says it.

I don't know exactly when it started but for a while I have tried to sync both Google Drive and OneDrive with My Files app and both of them refuse to sync. I searched for similar problems and their solutions didn't work for me. Both apps work perfectly, it's just the sync inside My Files app that doesn't work.

In the case of Google Drive, it doesn't take a lot to sync, but it shows files that were deleted long ago and I have to go one by one deleting them again. And there is this folder I created that doesn't appear at all. The only difference with the other folders is that this one is a shared folder, but it is mine, I created it.

In the case of OneDrive, it just doesn't sync. It doesn't matter how much time I let the tablet work, it won't do it. I press "Sync" and the notification "Syncing OneDrive" appears but nothing happens.

As a student I use both storage systems a lot and while I can use the original apps it's way better and convenient to have everything on the same app. What can I do to solve these problems? Thank you.

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Give these troubleshooting steps a shot for me.

Clear app’s cache and data from OneDrive
Rename the Photos folder
Allow OneDrive to work in a background
Reinstall the OneDrive app from the Play Store

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I may be wrong and I'll be happy if I am but the cloud services utilize their settings to determine what folders to sync, not MyFiles.  If your working in MyFiles and doing stuff within the folders already configured for sync, then tapping the on-demand Sync button in MyFiles will immediately kick off that process.  If however the folder your working in is not in the configuration for those cloud services, then it will not sync until you configure it to do that in the cloud app.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
OneDrive (currently) won't sync with My Files. While Gallery syncs perfectly with OneDrive, the locally stored files/documents in My Files don't even offer an option to sync with OneDrive. I was on the phone today with Samsung tech support, explaining my travels from the S8 Active to the S10+, then S21U and now S22U...noting that since Samsung depracated the file and media storage with Samsung Cloud, file sync has never been an option. (In fact, in the OneDrive app, the only permissions allowed are Media. Files are not even an option.)

I was reliably informed that, even though we should be able to sync/back up files from Internal Storage to OneDrive, it has never really worked. I'll continue doing manual backups to my SSD and write off OneDrive as a cloud option for automatic back up/syncing.
0 Likes