Original topic:

Got back my unqualified trade-in device along with somebody's else smartphone

(Topic created on: 12/21/20 6:10 AM)
alexprya
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Got back my unqualified trade-in device (Tablet) from Samsung along with somebody's else smartphone. Samsung E-Commerce says I can keep the device that is not mine. Isn't it madness?

Princess Macatangay (Samsung E-Commerce)

Dec 18, 2020, 17:34 EST

Hi Aleksandr,

Greetings to you from Samsung e-Commerce support!

I was able to confirm that you do not need to take any action and you may decide if you want to keep the extra item that was sent along with your trade-in device.
I hope the information I provided above is helpful.

Let us know if you need further help.

Warm regards,

Princess Macatangay
Samsung Customer Care

6 Replies
Options
Tablets
what phone out of curiosity? lol... see if it's frp locked... I have had similar situations and my extra was something they normally donate or would use, which I didn't use either. I dubble check view live chat with provider and my ins plan provider to see if they had even heard of that kind of thing before, said it happens so... I sold it using one of those machines that buy cellphones at like Walmart or the mall, bought a couple 12 packs with the money.
alexprya
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks for sharing your experience. The phone is Samsung SM-G975U 128 GB. I guess the owner is waiting to get it back. Samsung E-Commerce department promised me over the phone call to email me a shipping label for FedEx, but days go by and there's no shipping label. :face_with_steam_from_nose:
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
free stuff? where? haha. yeah, some things are like that. is it a clone?
alexprya
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Seems like for Princess Macatangay (Samsung E-Commerce) it doesn't matter where to ship a device that didn't qualify a trade-in criteria. What if you try to contact her for free stuff?

Options
Tablets
if I was the disqualified for trade in after it was pre-qualified and was waiting to get back then they'd get really sick of hearing from me I bet and offer a compromise or unilateral device instead so I'd stop contacting them. if I was on your side, that'd have to do the say thing cause the second I got that you mail you got that free item received by me would have been gone, rooted, uses for parts, or gifted for use in multi line discounts.
alexprya
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
The thing that causes my apprehensions the most, is that if I would turn on the smartphone that was sent to me by mistake, and Samsung account has not been deleted on the device, then the police might come to my house, just using "Find my mobile" Samsung's website. Besides that, according to the trade-in promo campaign rules, I was supposed to be charged the rest of the price for my new Samsung Tablet S7 after the delivery back to me of my trade-in device that didn't qualify the criteria of the campaign was confirmed by FedEx. That means, if the owner of the smartphone was participating in a similar program, and paid a half price for a new Samsung device, the rest of the price will not be charged until the smartphone is delivered back to a proper recipient. For me it would be a disaster because I don't like to owe money to anybody. I would rather say, if for example, Princess Macatangay from Samsung would die before second half of my payment was processed, I would drop the money on top of her coffin before her grave would be covered with dirt.
0 Likes