Original topic:

Haptic feedback from apps on Tab S7+?

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 11:42 AM)
usery6oG2H8bHY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My Tab S7+ can do haptics when navigating the home screen or changing apps, but whenever I do anything IN an app that would produce a haptic on my phone, it doesn't produce a haptic on my tablet. How can I make my Tab S7+ vibrate on long presses in apps, just like it does on my home screen, and just like those same apps do on my phone?

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I will be happy to look in to this. Can you tell me which apps you are expecting haptic feedback from?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery6oG2H8bHY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Here are two examples:

1. in Firefox, press and hold on the "tabs" button near the top right (the number in a square). A 'new tab' menu should appear.

2. in "Simon Tatham's Puzzles", press and hold on any puzzle in the list, to swap it in/out of the 'starred' list.

In either scenario, when this action happens, my phone (a Pixel 2) will vibrate, but my Tab S7+ will not.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

My apologies for the delayed response, tablets do not support haptic feedback on all apps, tablet and phones apps are usually much different outside of the basic functions. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery6oG2H8bHY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Why doesn't it support it in apps, when it does support it on the home screen?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

My apologies for the confusion built-in apps on the tablet may have some of the haptic feedback function but 3rd party apps are built differently for tablets than phone apps. So not all apps will have this function. 

0 Likes