cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anabel
Asteroid

Holding fee?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung because I have an issue with my tablet which is less than two years old. It's frustrating because we paid $500 for it and since its out of warranty the rep told me they will need a holding fee of around $330. Does Samsung always take a holding fee? It would be sent to their repair center in Los Angeles even though being on the east coast myself TX and NJ would be closer. Anyway, is all this their regular procedure? 

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
franknade
Astronaut

Re: Holding fee?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed! I was a bit surprised it wasnt told here to begin with ..why a secret...isnt that in reality  an disclosed charge then!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have reached out to you via private message. Please follow up with me there. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
anabel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just replied. Thank you.

bnennco
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wish you could share that information here

franknade
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed! I was a bit surprised it wasnt told here to begin with ..why a secret...isnt that in reality  an disclosed charge then!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please understand. We cannot ask a customer to disclose their personal information on a public forum.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

anabel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm the original poster. I had to give my s/n of the tablet and was told that I didn't have warranty anymore which I already knew and that wasn't my question. I had to ask about the holding fee again and was told the amount I was provided would be the minimum cost to fix it and could go up depending on the issue. When I called Samsung though I was told that the amount I was quoted would be the max I'd have to pay if several things were wrong and had to be fixed and less if less issues. Go figure...

DJeanette
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar situation occur. An update on my Galaxy Note 10.1 caused the OS to crash and my local Best Buy Samsung Rep wiped the OS by accident and couldn't fix it. I was told in chat with a Samsung Rep on their website that it would be $75 to send it off to NJ to be fixed; but then when I called the shop as instructed, the NJ repair shop turned out to a California 'Repair Shop' and they told me they would need a $330 credit card hold just to look at it and possibly much more to fix it! So pissed that I have the agent recorded in writing and yet Samsung still wouldn't honor what he said!!  I was blessed enough to have someone gift me a new Galaxy S2 for me birthday...for wayyy less than they wanted to fix my 2 yr old tablet for...shame on you Samsung!!

JerseyBiker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would have just sold the tablet as a parts tablet on eBay and buy a new tablet. A 2 year old tablet is not worth over $300 to fix.