Original topic:

Home Screen icons captions

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 12:19 PM)
userKdkLXFyYGl
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I just got a Tab S6Lite, my first Samsung product.  Is there a way to add captions to the icons that are unnamed on my home screen?  Or to change them so I an better identify them?  TIA

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I will be happy to answer questions for you. The Home Screen is basically three parts - the Notification bar at the top, the Main Screen where the icons are shown, and the Navigation Bar at the bottom. The main screen also has the Favorites Tray, which is the line of icons at the bottom. The icons in the favorites tray typically do not display the app name, while the others on the screen will show the app name. So, an icon in the favorites tray will not show the name, but moving it to a different area of the home screen will show the name label.

You can check the Play Store for apps that will allow you to edit icons, or download different themes to apply that change the icon look and naming labels.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes