JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I get in a Galaxy Tab A ? The previous owner is deceased

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 12:12 PM)
user3y1tQejlCO
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab A inherited. The owner is deceased. We don't know the PIN.   How do I get in?  The screen is very dim too so its hard to see. Any help please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that happened recently. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below, I would recommend calling in at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062842/#:~:text=When%20it's%20time%20to%20reset,'re%2...

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Tablets
Although it is an innocent question to ask, there are Security Measures in place for every device. I WOULD search the Kali Linux Forum for answers regarding bypassing security for devices.
I am familiar with the guts of Android devices and a few Google searches might help, but if others see there are answers here for bypassing passwords and logins, it would turn the tables of what Samsung Community is!
user3y1tQejlCO
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you. Of course, I realize security is there for a reason.  The tablet has been reset so there is no information on it.  People die suddenly and it is necessary to get into their devices, so there has to be a way. Even Tax departments help open deceased accounts. Yes, there are hoops to jump through AND one needs to talk to the right people who can help with what those hoops are.  Hopefully.  I will do as you suggest.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
So just Google it that's the way
0 Likes
user3y1tQejlCO
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Have done so. Watched several videos. So far no luck.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that happened recently. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below, I would recommend calling in at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062842/#:~:text=When%20it's%20time%20to%20reset,'re%2...