Original topic:

How change default app to open pdfs?

(Topic created: 04-29-2024 05:38 AM)
robtmrks
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, model SM-X700. I have been using the Samsung Notes app to open and read pdfs but I found another app (Xodo) that I want to use as my pdf default app instead. I've tried going through all the settings and permissions for both apps and there doesn't seem to be ANY default settings for anything.

I tried the Samsung help via chat. They took over my tablet and proceeded to try everything I had tried with same result. Every pdf I open on this tablet is in Samsung Notes. They told me to take it to a "service center" and they would fix it there. Could that be right? Seems like a software issue...

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
robtmrks
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

So... Not only is Samsung's support virtually non-existent, this community has nothing to offer either. Using a Samsung tablet means constantly fighting with the tablet to be able to use the apps you want to use instead of Samsung's apps which are crammed down your throat at every opportunity.

I will be sending my complaint to the FTC as an example of Samsung's illegal anti-competitive blocking of competing apps.

0 Likes