Original topic:

How to move apps to SD card on the SM-T290 Galaxy Tab A 8.0 ?

(Topic created: 12-14-2021 01:11 PM)
Jace2k
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Is there any fix yet available to enable for the SM-T290 Galaxy Tab A 8.0 to move apps to the SD card?

Either that or a fix to enable formatting SD space as internal memory / aka adoptable storage?

Would like to keep using this tablet but we are about to replace it with one where the SD card is actually usable in a meaningful way.

4 Replies
JojoGrimm08
Constellation
Options
Tablets
unlock developer mode, once you do that there is a option to force app to install in sd card instead of the system storage
Jace2k
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, but still not working. The dev mode setting I enabled was "Force allow apps on external." Didn't work after enabling that option, also tried again after rebooting the tablet. That config is still set, but doesn't enable moving apps to SD.

Settings > Apps > Storage does not have the option to change the storage location or to move the app.

Also tried using App Mgr Pro III, which works great for this purpose on our phones but cannot move apps on the Tab A.

0 Likes
BarrytheCrab
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Any progress on this issue? The inability to fully use the SD card, and ever-shrinking native storage is just a suck-fest of thoughtless design.
0 Likes
userBsYZarX8j1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I haven't had the guts to try it, but perhaps the force allow apps on external only allows new app installations to happen on the sd card but not allow migration of already-installed apps to the sd card.   As a trial, have you tried downloading/installing a new app from the google app store after turning on that option?  I'm using Android 11 by the way.

0 Likes