Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userD9971GE4kK
Asteroid

How to permanently disable Samsung internet

Smt 700 Android , 6.Hello0.1

Hello,

All of fhe sudden, Samsung internet is being launched whenever the tab wakes and shows ads in the open tab. I tried everything to disable it and failed. Any idea on how to get rid of this browser or disabling it forever?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung_QKsh4Y2
Astronaut

Go to Settings > Apps > Internet/Samsung Internet and cli...

Go to Settings > Apps > Internet/Samsung Internet and click "Disable". Also clear any defaults or permissions. That should solve the problem.

userD9971GE4kK
Asteroid

Re: Go to Settings > Apps > Internet/Samsung Internet and cli...

Thank you. Unfortunately, disable is greyed out

Samsung_HG52gJE
Astronaut

Recently a forced, unauthorized, "in the middle of the ni...

Recently a forced, unauthorized, "in the middle of the night after most people are sleeping" Samsung app installation, I became the latest recipient of Malware. This Malware activates when the phone is idle and the screensaver comes on. It attaches behind the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen and an almost completely clear second window cover the phone screen. It is only noticed because the word "peomotion" is visible on a small gray bar at the top of the screen. When the navigation bar back button is pressed, the window minimizes, but is noticed only if a person is aware of it. It runs ads and redirects the browser constantly while the phone is not i

Being used. It also will cause random "game news", "cryptocurrency" ads, and google ads to pop-up in the middle of any app that is being used. At&T Mobile Security is uninterested in fixing this issue so be aware that Malware can occur from Samsung's forced app installations.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to permanently disable Samsung internet

This is typically caused by a 3rd party app that you have installed. One way to verify is to boot into safe mode. If the ads don't appear in safe mode then you know it is a 3rd party app. 

Not sure what tablet you have but the proces to boot in safe mode should be something like this:

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.

If you don't see any of the ads in safe mode, you know that it is a 3rd party app causing them.

To get out of safe mode, reboot normally. 

useryX1Z7l4cqo
Constellation

I have yet to try this safe mode method, but let's say in theory it does work and we no longer get the popups. What course of action can be taken? I've recently gotten this same issue, the moment my phone goes idle a random ad or website pops up in a Samsung Internet tab unprompted. I've exhausted every other possible resolution to this issue save factory reset and I'd love to avoid doing that if at all possible. My malware detecting program cant find any apps and ive sifted through the apps and my downloads manually but cant find anything out of place.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@useryX1Z7l4cqo wrote:

I have yet to try this safe mode method, but let's say in theory it does work and we no longer get the popups. What course of action can be taken? I've recently gotten this same issue, the moment my phone goes idle a random ad or website pops up in a Samsung Internet tab unprompted. I've exhausted every other possible resolution to this issue save factory reset and I'd love to avoid doing that if at all possible. My malware detecting program cant find any apps and ive sifted through the apps and my downloads manually but cant find anything out of place.

If using safe mode shows that it is a 3rd party app causing it, the fastest way to a clean slate is the factory reset. 

If that is too painful, then you can start removing 3rd party apps one by one or in groups until the ads stop. When the ads stop you know that you have removed the offending app. 

userD9971GE4kK
Asteroid

Thanks LongHiker. Ill uninstall in lifo order of "my apps" and report here my findings

Guy

userD9971GE4kK
Asteroid

My apps & games order is alphabetical, is there a way to have it chronological?