Original topic:

How to take a screen capture on my Tab A7?

(Topic created: 08-21-2021 05:39 PM)
userC09gy6343n
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This on my tab A7=  I need help taking a screen capture.  I've never been able to make the side-button stuff work.  [if I press the side button first it turns off my tablet, if I press the volume-down first it basically shuts the sound completely off but if I then hit the side button it still shuts down the tablet.  [if i press and hold I get the "POWER DOWN" screen'].

On my TabA I was saved because there was a "swipe" that'd take a screen capture. I can't find a similar function on the A7. Is there some easy & reliable way to take a screen capture?  Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Je655
Sun
Options
Tablets
Device settings>accessibility>interaction and dexterity>assistant menu.
The assistant menu is a floating circle that has a screenshot option.

Or in settings>advanced features>motion and gesture>palm swipe to capture
Palm swipe to capture is another good option for easily taking screenshots.

If you use Google Assistant you can take screenshots with a simple voice command. “Ok Google, take a screenshot,“ after which the screenshot of whatever will be on your screen will be captured.
Same with Bixby "hi Bixby, take a screenshot"

For vol down and power You need to press and hold both buttons at the same time for 1-2 seconds till your screen flashes.
0 Likes
userC09gy6343n
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the info, but it doesn't seem to work.  The "palm swipe" is what I used on my old Tab A to take screen captures.  I wen to advanced features> motions and gestures and the only thins there are "double tab to turn on screen" and "double tab to turn off screen"  NOthing about swiping.

0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Tablets
Well if none of the of these options work then here is an option from the google play store. It's called screenshot tile and it will give you an option in the notification panel to take a screenshot. If you press and hold the tile you can get a delay of 1-5 seconds.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.cvzi.screenshottile&hl=en_US&gl=US20210822_081827_62984.jpg
0 Likes
userC09gy6343n
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I see the assistant menu but I'm not fond of cluttering my screen and the only function that'll help me is the screen shot machinery.   WHat's odd is that I've checked and both you and two other places say that I should be able to turn on the palm swipe.. I have no idea why that's no available on my tablet.  OH well.  off to the play store

Thanks

0 Likes