Original topic:

How unlock used Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon) so I can use T-Mobile SIM??

(Topic created: 06-06-2021 11:41 AM)
pcumming
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

How unlock used Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon) so I can use T-Mobile SIM??

My friend bought a used Galaxy Book 2, put in his t-Mobile Sim and message came up that stated something to the effect that his device needs a Verizon Sim. Even with this message (as someone said it still worked) it did not get a signal.

He cannot return this as he bought it from some 3rd party he will never see again.

He has T-Mobile as a carrier for quite a few phones and has some sort of lifetime extra device -T-Mobile sim plan he can use so he does not want to move just this device to Verizon.

The question is can this be unlocked by Verizon store? And even if it is and APN settings are changed would it work with a T-Mobile Sim?

I know nothing about these LTE laptops and not sure  at least for Samsung if the radio in it is somewhat universal or compatible with most US carriers.

Thank you for any advice.

I appreciate it.

Sincerely

Peter

4 Replies
heyimwayne
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
No WiFi : Maybe if you're able to get the right service ,you could use the Walmart card= such as I have heard one source doesn't require cards for tablets ect. Good Luck
0 Likes
heyimwayne
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Excuse me! I didn't see the Last paragraph,thanks
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Tablets
Means it's a locked tablet with Verizon. Verizon is the carrier and Samsung has no carrier. You have to bring your own and it can only work if Samsung accepts it. It won't. the network that provided it works hand and hand. Samsung, has no cellular service. It relies on its customers cards. Samsung, needs a carrier for it's cellular communication..and it won't accept it. If you get a Verizon card at a Verizon store with this tablet and stick it in the slot. The Verizon sim probably came from a network specified to work only with that Verizon compatible network. They work hand in hand. That's my 2 cents. I have Boost Mobile, by itself it's useless to me. If it offers a Sprint cellular voicemail/data plan and I accept it. I will inherit Sprint for free. it's not even a question if you want it. It's all setup already. I had an LG G6 phone with Boost. I put the LG card in the Samsung. Now Samsung accepted it for some reason, and i accepted it. Anyone with more experience than me in this stuff can help? I'm confusing myself. You may be able to find a card that works on the Samsung network but it doesn't look good.
0 Likes
BLS1999
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
You will have to take it to Verizon for a SIM unlock. And they will only do it if the device is not under contract, has been fully paid off, and is not reported stolen
0 Likes