JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Internal storage-other

(Topic created: 11-24-2020 12:53 PM)
userHGcxmd4j4W
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I've tried clearing all caches. The forum link by SamsungJace is broken. I have not encrypted files. Here's my storage analysis. What can I do?Screenshot_20201123-021404_My Files.jpg

8 Replies
Solution
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I'm not sure what device you're using. It could the OS and any additional apps you have installed. Have you tried doing a restore and setup the device like new? Not from a back up.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userHGcxmd4j4W
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm so sorry. It's a Galaxy Tab A SMT380.  No, I haven't tried that. Where do I look for how to do that?

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
go into settings/device care/advanced/other . From there you will be able to clear residual cache of files and apks. stored in that area of your internal. Might have to make some hard decisions about what is actually important (I recommend hitting the ... at the top and switching the sort list to file size) and just work your way through the list to gain back your internal memory . Hope That Helps

clipboard_image_1606140647187.jpg

clipboard_image_1606140647646.jpg

clipboard_image_1606140646810.jpg

0 Likes
userHGcxmd4j4W
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

In Settings/Device care, my only choices are Battery, Storage, Memory, Security. In the drop-down the choices are Auto optimization, Auto restart, App issue history, Show icon on apps screen, About Device care. 

I have gone through the large apps and cleared caches as well as installed an app called Cleaner and file manager and used all of its tricks. After all that I reclaimed about 1.5G.

I also deleted two apps tagged as having problems in the past two years, but other than their reported memory usage, I've gained nothing.

I am using a Galaxy Tab A SM-T380.

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
do you have Developers options enabled? it will allow you to access more file systems than a normal user. go to Settings/About Phone/Software/Build Number. begin clicking on the build number until Developers Mode is enabled. This will give you much more options including the Advanced Section that I was recommending. Also will enable you to Force Apps to External Memory (not all can be moved but there are some that can)
0 Likes
userHGcxmd4j4W
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I now have Developer options in the Settings list, but nothing changed within Device care. Same options as before and no Advanced. I am using a tablet, not a phone. Does this make a difference?

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
it might as far as the location of how to access the settings I'll take a look. which device?
0 Likes
userHGcxmd4j4W
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab A SM T380

0 Likes