cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpMWHybCAfk
Constellation

Is it possible to connect a Galaxy Tab S3 to a HDTV using a USB-C to HDMI adapter?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible to connect a Galaxy Tab S3 to a HDTV using a USB-C to HDMI adapter, or does this tablet not support MHL? I have tried casting it to my TV succesfully, but it doesnt work with the ExpressVPN enabled.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is it possible to connect a Galaxy Tab S3 to a HDTV using a USB-C to HDMI adapter?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly it does not support MHL. It seems that Samsung is moving away from MHL compatible devices, at least as far as I have noticed so no true official statements there. There is a link I use quite often to determine if it's compatible and which adapter to use and you might find it helpful too: http://blog.clove.co.uk/2014/02/05/mhl-adapter-samsung-galaxy-need/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is it possible to connect a Galaxy Tab S3 to a HDTV using a USB-C to HDMI adapter?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly it does not support MHL. It seems that Samsung is moving away from MHL compatible devices, at least as far as I have noticed so no true official statements there. There is a link I use quite often to determine if it's compatible and which adapter to use and you might find it helpful too: http://blog.clove.co.uk/2014/02/05/mhl-adapter-samsung-galaxy-need/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userpMWHybCAfk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, Ill give it a look.

Debbiek64
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same question. I often travel with my tablet in our RV where the option of mirroring via wifi is not an option, so losing the MHL is a disappointment.  Have you found anything additional that would be helpful? I appreciate the input!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing at this time Smiley Sad

useruZmUkYOGwX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
google chromecast device can work. The caveat is you either have to have wifi, or a device that can act as a wifi hotspot (ie cellphone with hotspot/tethering capability).
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruZmUkYOGwX: Thank you for the input Smiley Happy

useruxDGZD8p3H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can attach any DisplayLink adapter via USBC OTG and install the DisplayLink Presenter app to mirror your Tab S3 screen via HDMI.  Have used this successfully myself. 

userpETfnl5BUH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks. Tried. It works with the DisplayLink Adapter.
userLnLMq7f9XY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which specific Displaylink adapter worked with the Samsung Galaxy tab S3 tablet?