cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userteNhgt1WHG
Asteroid

Is it possible to remove the push clips from a broken book cover?

Hello,

My wife's Samsung tablet has an original book cover that is attached with push clips, in the small holes on the back of the tablet.

However, one of the clips has been broken for quite some time, to the annoyance of my wife. In an attempt to help her, I looked up an online video, that showed how easy it was to remove and again attach the cover.

Unfortunately, the result was that I broke the other push clip, so now the tablet won't stay in the cover at all. The problem wouldn't be so big, if it was easy to get the remains of the clips out of the holes on the back of the tablet, but the little black plastic things are stuck firmly.

Can anyone suggest how to get them out, without damaging the tablet? Then I could buy a new cover, and we would have peace again.

Greatly appreciating any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is it possible to remove the push clips from a broken book cover?

I recommend having a service technician have a look at this for you.

userteNhgt1WHG
Asteroid

@SamsungLarry wrote:

I recommend having a service technician have a look at this for you.

Thank you for the reply, but is it really that impossible to get the little things out? You see, we live far away from any service technician ...

And I'm thinking that this cannot be the first time the push clips have broken on these covers. Actually, I think it must happen from time to time.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userteNhgt1WHG,

I'm not familiar with that type of cover and I'm not sure I really understand what happened but I'm going to assume that at this point with the book cover off you have at least one pin broken off flush with the tablets back cover.

If that is the case then if it were me, I'd go purchase an inexpensive 3rd party cover for the tablet and not bother with the original.

I may be wau off base with my suggestion, if so a picture would help.

userteNhgt1WHG
Asteroid

20190930_213356.jpg

@bill-e wrote:

@userteNhgt1WHG,

I'm not familiar with that type of cover and I'm not sure I really understand what happened but I'm going to assume that at this point with the book cover off you have at least one pin broken off flush with the tablets back cover.

If that is the case then if it were me, I'd go purchase an inexpensive 3rd party cover for the tablet and not bother with the original.

I may be wau off base with my suggestion, if so a picture would help.

No, I'm afraid you're not way off base, and that's true, another cover would be an easy way out. But my wife has strong disbelief in covers from which the tablet could more easily fall out. So she really would want something that uses the push clip technique - despite its poor results in this case.