Original topic:

Latest Tab S9 update opinion

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 06:44 PM)
Tadnap
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The latest update for Galxay Tab 9 (6.1  UI) is absolutely the pits in my opinion. 

The previous revision was excellent to swipe and review open apps. Apparently, someone decided a single bar would enhance user experience. Well, in my opinion as a decade+ Samsung tablet user, this now puts my tablet into the dark ages. It used to be an easy tap. Now it is a hard tap to the middle of the screen often taking several attempts to get anything to engage. 

The interface went from 5 stars to 1 at most. In fact, it took me 6 times swiping on this message to review the update version while keeping this open. Why??? My tablet has gone from 2024 to 1993. This is beyond frustrating. I can still manuver my S22+ phone like a breeze with version 6.0

Please restore this aspect of the software or tell me how I can revert to the previous version.

3 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Install Navstar from goodlock and enable show extra gestures then exit goodlock then go to Settings display navigation bar Select gestures then more options And re setup the old style

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
100% agree
0 Likes
Tadnap
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Downloaded, changed setting as recommended by GaryB82. Nothing changed. Rebooted to ensure app was on and settings saved, but no swipe changes.  Thanks for the input, but having to install a 3rd party app to put a bandaid on a root UI update is totally unacceptable as noted by countless others. Hopefully, 6.1 will be updated soon to resolve the issue. 

0 Likes